The Phoebecat

A Cat's-eye view of the world

Monday, August 07, 2006

Phoebe writes:
My people are home!

My people have been away an awful lot lately. They usually go for only a few nights, but I miss them terribly! Two very nice people come to visit me. They give me lots of attention and treats, and they make sure I have mice and other toys to play with. I know they like me specifically, and I know they like cats because I can smell another cat on them. (Sometimes my human parents come home smelling of her.) They take very good care of me, but they aren't my parents.

When my people get home, I get so excited! I have so much to tell them about all that happened while they were gone. I love to climb into their suitcases and smell all the different scents they've brought back with them. I think they feel a little guilty, too, because they give me extra treats and lots of attention. Often they bring me new toys or special treats, and these new things are so much fun. I'm just so happy when they come home.

This time, they were both away for just a short while. Then my human father came home alone, which was strange. I really enjoyed having all that time alone with him. We played fetch and chase and he took good care of me. (I'm still not happy that he took me to the vet, though.) It was good to have him all to myself.

Then my human mom came home and I had both of them back!! I heard them come in, but was still surprised to see her when she opened the door. She gave me all sorts of attention. I know she missed me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home